Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

In My 26th Year




So in taking from my birthday twin's blog I have made a list (big shocker) of  things I would like to do before I turn 27.
  1. I would like to wear more pretty clothes. Here are a few examples of what I would like... I really love everything "Holly" in P.S. I Love You wears.

  1. Watch all the girly movies I have been avoiding. I never want to torture Jim with all the chick flicks so I put off watching them and then they aren't in the theater any more and you have to wait forever before they are on DVD and by then I forget.  So I want to catch up on the movies I've missed and resolve to pick the chick flick more often (sorry J). My list to so far is Letters to Juliet, Eat Pray Love, Life as We Know It, Easy A. That is all I can think of for now but I am sure as I troll the redbox I'll find others. :D
  2. Finish some of these craft projects that I have started. I have about 6 started right now and 3 3/4 of the way finished. Can anyone tell me how to cast off when knitting?
  3. Take a painting class. I enjoy painting and have bought a bunch of books and self taught a few things but would really like to take a class.
  4. Lose weight.... self explanitory. Doesn't everyone?
  5. Run a 5k... should check that one off in November.
  6. Take a trip with the hubby. We have been talking about visiting several places. NYC, Washington D.C. , Chicago, Baltimore, Hilton Head (or some beautiful beach).
  7. Be more confident when home alone while Jim is working. A few weeks ago I had to drive at night and realized that I hadn't driven out of our little suburb after dark in I couldn't remember how long.
  8. Learn to cook a wider variety of foods. I have been stuck with the same little menu for too long. I am sure Jim won't mind taste testing my new attempts! Any suggestions on where to find recipies that don't need 50 ingredients also preferably not too much time (1 hr or less unless it is a weekend)?
  9. Go to the beach more. We live here why shouldn't I? Now that it is cooler I think it would be a great place for weekend walks with Tucker.
  10. Go to some sort of wine or food tasting. I would love to learn more about different foods or wines. I was visiting Whole Foods once during a food/wine tasting and was sad that I was unable to participate.
Any helpful suggestions? So what are your goals?

1 comment:

  1. Great idea :)

    Letters to Juliet was ok. I watched Date Night this week and it was pretty funny. Have you seen the Backup Plan? I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe!

    I was just googling cheap places to stay in NYC last night. I'd love to go back, but this time do the not so touristy things. Of course, DC is a great place to go b/c most of the attractions are free and the Metro is pretty easy to navigate. I've never been to Baltimore, but I'd like to. I vote for NYC. It's pretty romantic there, especially at night.

    ReplyDelete