Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cake Night

 With our new diet and workout kick there is no real junk food. We aren't counting calories or eating super strict just making better choices. I have also cut out pop (I was drinking about 2 per day at work!). We have given ourselves a "cheat" though. On Fridays we have CAKE NIGHT! It has only been two weeks and I had seriously talked about it since Wednesday this week. I was even able to resist the yummy looking chocolate chip cookies at the CCU Cheerleaders Welcome Dinner because I wanted to save my calories for my cake. We buy those two slices of cake at Kroger for $1.99. Last week we got chocolate with chocolate icing, it was perfect-- very rich, great portion. Well this week I decided to have the same and picked up the one that looked like the same one. When I got home I realized it was German Chocolate Cake which has coconut in it. I was a little disappointed and had to eat around that part of the cake. I have decided to make my own cake this week and found this recipie on the Real Simple website. It will mix my favorite things cooking and CAKE NIGHT! Now I will technically have to make it Thursday so it will be ready for Friday. Looks good huh?



Serves 8      Total Time: 12hr 15m

Directions

1.In a food processor, puree 2 15-ounce containers ricotta with 12 ounces melted and cooled semisweet chocolate until very smooth.

2.Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Layer the ricotta mixture and half of a 9-ounce package of chocolate wafer cookies in the prepared pan (3 layers of the ricotta mixture and 2 layers of the cookies, beginning and ending with the ricotta mixture).

3.Refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days. To serve, remove from pan, slice, and sprinkle with ¼ cup shaved semisweet chocolate.
Nutritional Information


Per Serving  Calories 467  Fat 28g Sat Fat 17g Cholesterol 55mg Sodium 182mg  Protein 16g
                  Carbohydrate 42g Sugar 29g Fiber 1g Iron 2mg Calcium 225mg
 
Now this is way more than I need and I don't want it hanging around tempting me anyone wanna have Cake Night with me Friday? What are your favorite calorie splurges? Have any great cake recipies?

No comments:

Post a Comment