Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Love Our Little Pond

I love the little pond outside our apartment. I love sitting on the porch and watching the sunrise over the tall and sparse Carolina pines. I love watching the sunset behind the two perfectly placed palm trees in our back yard. I also love the wildlife it welcomes so nearby.
A crane strolling along on a sunny afternoon.
 Their grace in spite of their long thin limbs amazes me.
 Ducks gliding through the water in early morning mist.
 It is so calming and tranquil to watch them swim along making it look effortless.

The pond also brings us beautiful music at night as it harbors frogs of every shape and size who make familiar and calming sounds to cap off a beautiful sunset each night.
I am thinking our next investment needs to be some more comfortable seating for my little porch and maybe some lighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment